Sunday, August 23, 2009

2 month hiatus

Well, after a nearly 2 month hiatus, I am going to update everyone. First of the the 4-H exchange trip was AWESOME! It was easily the most rewarding thing that I have ever done in my career. I had no behavior issues, no one got hurt or sick, and everyone had a blast! We did the Floyd County Jamboree, Busch Gardens (Apollo's Chariot is a my personal favorite roller coaster there!), Virginia Beach (first time at the ocean for most of my kids), and stayed with some of the coolest host families ever...Thanks Floyd County!!! After I got back from Virginia, I had a couple of weeks before 4-H Fair; so I spent the majority of that time out in the field watching combiners and haying operations; it was really cool. I went out one night and watched the combines run after dark...really eerie looking! Fair was excellent this year; we had cooler weather, and really good judges; again, no behavior issues; other than one crazy steer that tried to drag 5 of us around and even tried to pull down a horse once we roped him! After fair I met up with Wes, Laura, and Abi for a weekend of camping in the Medicine Bow National Forest southwest of Laramie, WY. We camped at nearly 10,000 ft and I know that I got cold up there. I took the motorcycle down there which was by far the farthest I had ever ridden it (1100 miles that weekend); and finally, last weekend, my friend Rae and her daughter Danni (Glyn was working so he couldn't go) went to Great Falls to see Casting Crowns in concert. IT WAS AWESOME!!! So now everyone is caught up. I'll try not to let it be two months next time!

No comments: